Project name: VOCATIONAL EXCELLENCE ENSURING FOOD PRODUCT SAFETY CONSUMER PROTECTION AND COMPETITIVENESS IN WESTERN BALKANS
Project acronym: VOCATIONAL EXCELLENCE
Duration of the project: 24 months (December 2010 till December 2012)
Work according to internationally recognized food safety standard HACCP is obligatory to all players in EU agro-food chain (farmers, processors, trade, transport) and to all importers of food into EU. In EU Candidate and Accession Countries, SMEs with introduced HACCP system have better and bigger market position and consequently higher competitiveness due to their capacity to export to EU Member States.
Total duration of the action: 24 months (December 2010 –december 2012)
Location of the action: Bosnia&Herzegovina, FYR of Macedonia and Serbia
Total eligible cost of the action: 492.575,00 EUR
Amount requested from the contracting authority: 394 .060,00 EUR (80%)
1. Improved professional civil society, better quality of services, increased cooperation between CSOs and public authorities, better dissemination in the area of the food product safety and consumer protection in involved Western Balkan countries.
2. Improved understanding of employers and employees on food product safety and consumer protection in Western Balkan SME food processing unitd by development of human capital.
- food and agriculture specialists (food technologists, veterinarians, agronomists, head cooks and chefs in big and small kitchens),
- health, veterinary and sanitary inspectors,
- managers (and owners) of large and small food processing,
- agriculture and tourism industries (including managers of gastronomy units, food shops and groceries)
Location of the action: Bosnia & Herzegovina, FYR of Macedonia and Serbia
This action is funded by European Union under the program line: IPA- Socio Economic Partnership Program